There are usually 21 places each August on our three-year training rotation during which our trainees spend a total of 18 months in general practice and 18 months in secondary care. The hospital posts are four months each and are based in the West Herts Hospitals Acute Trust and the Hertfordshire Partnership Trust.
The ST1 year will include:
- Four months of full time general practice
- Four months in a core medical, geriatric or A&E post
- Four months based in general practice but 50% in secondary care eg GUM/dermatology, rheumatology, palliative care or elderly care/rehabilitation
- Four month posts in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics and Psychiatry
ST 3 year
- Twelve months of full time general practice